Many of you know I also run a bed and breakfast and event space called the Urban Oasis and we put on lots of events here throughout the year. I am the co-chair of WordCamp Atlanta as well, so the topic of event promotion is an important one to me.
We used Social Media to put on a super book signing for Chris Guillebeau’s Art of Nonconformity book tour with over 225 people. And WordCamp Atlanta sold out in two weeks. Event planners should really bone up on all the cool social media apps that come in handy to insure the success of your next events.
When creating an event, you must think about your specific event and create a targeted online and offline marketing plan.
- What are your objectives?
- Who is your target market?
- What channels do people in your target market use?
- How much time do you have?
- What are your resources in terms of time and money?
- What will you need outside assistance with?
- How will you measure results? [Read more...]